Versatile, all-around performer moves from farm to warehouse to saw mill with ease Rolling Meadows, Ill., July 31, 2017 – Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, today introduced the new WA200-8 wheel loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this addition to the wheel loader family combines high production with low fuel consumption and improved operator comfort.The WA200-8’s parallel-lift linkage and impressive breakout force make it a versatile jobsite tool. Useful in virtually any application from pallet handling to hard digging, fuel consumption drops by up to four percent in V-cycle as well as load-and-carry applications.“The WA200-8 is a massive upgrade in operator comfort,” said Frank Nyquist, product manager, Komatsu America. “And the quick, change-on-the-fly coupler lets you move from moving bales to loading pallets to cleaning out feedlots or pushing into a pile with ease,” Nyquist said.Standard features of the new WA200-8 include:Under the Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 4.46 liter, 126 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA4D107E-3 engine burns up to four percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (KDOC) uses 100% passive regeneration without a diesel particulate filter.
- The new SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
- Fourth generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel spin. S-mode excels in snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
- A knob on the RH console easily controls creep mode in first gear. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour. This feature is ideal for running attachments, such as brooms.
- New, more comfortable, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown reduces idle time and saves fuel.
- Auxiliary audio jack and two 12-volt ports.
- Seven inch, LCD color monitor with Ecology Guidance.
- Dedicated, full-color, rearview monitor, comes standard.
The WA200-8, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE® includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service and two complimentary Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) maintenance services and DEF tank flushes in the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
- Swing out, hydraulically-driven cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and auto-reverse, for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full-rear fenders are optional.
- DEF tank features a convenient sight glass to discourage overfilling.